Our Rehab department is comprised of licensed and certified professionals with extensive knowledge and training in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body. They know how to help you get out of pain and back in action. Our therapists use a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities as needed.
The most commonly used therapeutic procedures/modalities are:
- Manual (hands-on) Therapy: Performed by Licensed Massage Therapists, Manual Therapy consists of myofascial release techniques, mobilization, stretching of restricted structures along with soft tissue mobilization. They help restore your back, neck, or other painful areas to the youthful pain-free resilience.
- Pain Management: Use of moist heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation, trigger point injections, large joint injections and pharmacological medication.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized for each condition including strengthening, stabilizing, and stretching restricted structures to restore normal pain-free range of motion. The exercises improve movement and proper muscle balance.
- Postural Corrections: This addresses behavior modification, postural exercise, and self-awareness. We concentrate on correcting musculoskeletal derangements.
- Home Management Program: A short and detailed home exercise program corresponding to the appropriate stage of condition, including the do's and don'ts of self-management. Durable Medical Equipment such as Home TENS units, braces and/or supports may also be prescribed.